Filter paper, qualitative, is used for monitoring specific contaminants in the atmosphere and soil. Grade 2 has the pore size of 8 µm.
Diameter: 240 mm
Grade: No. 2
Weight (g/m²): 125
Thickness (mm): 0.26
Flow Time1 (sec): 80
Absorption Speed2 (cm): 8.0
Wet Strength3 (cm H2O): 17.3
Retention Characteristic (µm): 5 Medium
Collection Efficiency (%, 0.3 µm DOP): 80
- 100% Alpha Cotton Cellulose
- pH Tolerant: 0 – 12
- Temperature Maximum: 120°C
- Ash Content: 0.1%
Retains medium crystalline precipitates, fast flow rate, smooth surface, and normal hardness.
- Flow time is the time in seconds required to filter 100 mL of distilled water at 20°C under pressure supplied by a 10 cm water column through a 10 cm2 section of paper.
- Absorption speed is the distance in cm that water will travel in an upright strip of paper in ten (10) minutes at 20°C.
- Wet strength is the height in cm of a water column that will rupture a 10 cm2 section of paper.