QUALITATIVE FILTER PAPER #2
Grade: No. 2
Weight (g/m²): 125
Thickness (mm): 0.26
Flow Time1 (sec): 80
Absorption Speed2 (cm): 8.0
Wet Strength3 (cm H2O): 17.3
Retention Characteristic (µm): 5 Medium
Collection Efficiency (%, 0.3 µm DOP): 80
- 100% Alpha Cotton Cellulose
- pH Tolerant: 0 to 12
- Temperature Maximum: 120°C
- Ash Content: 0.1%
Comments: Retains medium crystalline precipitates, fast flow rate, smooth surface, normal hardness
1. Flow time is the time in seconds required to filter 100 mL of distilled water at 20°C under pressure supplied by a 10 cm water column through a 10 cm2 section of filter paper.
2. Absorption speed is the distance in cm that water will travel in an upright strip of filter paper in ten (10) minutes at 20°C.
3. Wet strength is the height in cm of a water column that will rupture a 10 cm2 section of filter paper.